Baylor Swim Club will be taking it’s annual spring break from March 22 – March 30. There will be NO PRACTICES for ALL groups during this time. Developmental group swimmers will not have practice the week of March 25-28. Baylor Swim Club practices will resume again on Monday, April 1st.
The Baylor Swim Club will be holding its’ annual spring parents meeting on Thursday, March 7th at 6:00 PM in the Field House Film Room. All Senior/Varsity, Senior 2, Junior, Age Group, Developmental, and Hamilton YMCA (AG & Developmental) group parents should plan on attending this important meeting. (This includes all Baylor Middle School and Varsity parents who also have swimmers on the swim club)
This weekend the Baylor Swim Club will host and compete in the Southeastern Swimming Region 2 Championships at the School Natatorium. This is a scored championship meet, and this meet also serves as our 8 & Under Championship meet for the short course season. The coaching staff is looking forward to some great performances this weekend. Please see all the important information below about attending the swim meet this weekend.
You will receive an email reminding you to check the volunteer job sign-up on TeamUnify to verify positions and report times. All volunteers must sign in at the Volunteer Check IN Table in the pool lobby BEFORE each session. Please be sure to sign in at the VOLUNTEER table BEFORE your session starts as it is these sheets we will use to determine who has worked and who did not fulfill their requirements. It is imperative that all volunteers report at the assigned time.
The volunteer person at the table will check you off the list when you sign in. You will be given name tag to wear during the session.
Meet & Warm-Up Schedule
All Ages PM Session: Warm-up 2:45-3:45 PM (Please arrive by 2:30 PM), Meet Starts at 4:00 PM
10 & Under, 11-12 Girls AM Session: 1st Warm-up 8:00-8:25 AM (Please arrive by 7:45 AM), Meet Starts at 9:00 AM
13 & Over, 11-12 Boys PM Session: Warm-up approx. 1:00-1:50 PM (Please arrive by 12:45 PM), Meet Starts approx. at 2:00 PM
10 & Under, 11-12 Girls AM Session: 1st Warm-up 8:00 AM (Please arrive by 7:45 AM), Meet Starts at 9:00 AM
13 & Over, 11-12 Boys PM Session: Warm-up approx. 12:45-1:30 PM (Please arrive by 12:30 PM), Meet Starts approx. at 1:35 PM
There are RELAYS entered for this swim meet. Tentative relays will be emailed out to all groups prior to the meet. These relays will be posted on the pool deck during the meet. They are subject to change depending on performance during the competition. If there are changes to a relay during the meet, then they will be indicated on the posted copy on the pool deck. If your child is slated to be in a relay please DO NOT LEAVE THE MEET EARLY.
Meet Information / Entries
What to Bring
Baylor cap (RED BAYLOR CAPS ONLY), Arena team suit, goggles, two towels, T-SHIRTS- Any Color on Fri., RED on Sat., and GREY on Sun., sweat shirt/pants, activities (gameboy, books, etc.), water bottle, and healthy snacks. Please be sure to wear some warm clothing before and after you swim, this includes socks and or shoes to keep your feet warm.
Here are some Important Things to Remember About Going to a Swim Meet
- Prior to the beginning of the meet, ALL parents should write the events the child will be swimming on the child’s arm. This should include event #, heat #, and lane #. (This information can be found by accessing a heat sheet, which will be posted on the website in the hosted meets section on Thursday, 2/14) This will enable the swimmer to determine if he/she is in the correct place.
- All Baylor swimmers will be sitting together in a designated area. All swimmers must remain in that area while they are not swimming an event. Only swimmers, coaches, and meet volunteers will be allowed on the pool deck during the meet. The field house adjacent to the pool will be available for swimmers to camp out to wait for events. Only swimmers, coaches, and meet volunteers will be allowed on the pool deck during the meet.
- Clerk of Course for 8 & Under events– there will be a clerk of course for ALL 8 & Under events at this meet. All 8 & Unders should report to the clerk of course prior to their race, and then parent volunteers will line them up in the proper heat and lane.
- TIME TRIALS- There may be an occasion for time trials to be offered. When time trials are available senior swimmers may participate in a time trial solely at the coaches’ discretion. Members in the Developmental, Age Group, and Junior / Middle School groups are not eligible to participate in time trials (pg. 16 of the Team Handbook).
- Immediately before and after each race, your child should see the coaching staff to get feedback on their performance. This is the best time for the child to get a clear understanding of what things they did well, and what they still need to work on.
- All swimmers are responsible for getting behind the blocks in their correct heat and lane before each race.
- Parents please remember that the coaches are not responsible for getting swimmers to the blocks for their race. The coaches need to make sure they watch every child’s race. Go out and have fun, and swim your best.
- All parents must remain off the pool deck and in the stands above the pool during the swim meet. The pool is reserved for swimmers, meet officials, and meet volunteers ONLY.
- PLEASE REMEMBER: We are not all about awards and time standards. Your child may not always have a best time or get an award, but they may do other things that the coaching staff and the swimmer should be proud of.
- For more detailed information regarding attending swim meets please see the following pages in your team handbook: page 14- Swim Meet Policies, pages 15-17- Competitions, and page 17-18- Meet Entries. (Baylor Swim Club Team Handbook: 2018-2019 Season)
Due to the long swim meet this coming weekend there will be NO PRACTICE for the Junior or AG practice groups on Mon., Feb. 18th. These athletes should get some rest after the meet. The Developmental practice groups will be on a regular schedule (6:15-7:15 PM) on Monday.
The third developmental session ends on Thursday, February 21st. If you are planning on continuing for the second session then you do not need to take any action. You will see the charges on your account on March 1, 2019, and the first practice for session IV will be Monday, February 25th. Please email if you have any further questions.
Due to the various championship meets in February, and in order to give the young athletes a little rest prior to these meet there are several practice schedule changes for the Junior group. Please make a note of the upcoming changes.
- Fri., Feb. 8- (4:30-6:00 PM)
- Mon. & Tues., Feb. 11 & 12- Regular Schedule (6:15-8:15 PM)
- Wed., Feb. 13- (6:00-7:30 PM)
- Thurs., Feb. 14- (6:15-7:15 PM)
- Fri. & Sat., Feb. 15 & 16- NO PRACTICE due to SES Region 2 Championships
- Mon., Feb. 18- NO PRACTICE after the meet- Get some rest
|Meet||Date(s)||Location||Practice Groups Attending|
|ARENA Long Course Invitational||April 26-28, 2019||Baylor School Natatorium||ALL Groups|
|Atlanta Classic||May 17-19, 2019||Atlanta, GA||Selected SR/Varsity|
|Ensworth “Officially” Summer Invitational||May 17-19, 2019||Nashville, TN||Dev, AG, JR, SR/Varsity, SR2|
|Richard Quick Invitational||June 21-23, 2019||Auburn, AL||ALL Groups|
|CASL Bill Caulkins City Meet||July 12-13, 2019||Baylor School Natatorium||CASL Summer League swimmers ONLY|
|Southeastern Swimming Long Course Championships||July 18-21, 2019||Hunstville, AL||Qualifying Time Standards|
|Phillips 66 National Championships||July 30- August 4, 2019||Palo Alto, CA||Selected SR/Varsity|
|Southern Zone Age Group Swimming Championships||July 30- August 3, 2019||Cary, NC||Selection by Southeastern Swimming|
|Futures Championships||August 1-4, 2019||Greensboro, NC||Selected SR/Varsity|
NASHVILLE, TN- On Friday and Saturday, February 8-9 the Baylor School has won the combined and girls 2019 TISCA State Swimming & Diving Championships. This is the fourteenth year in a row that the Baylor School has won the combined team title, while the girls claimed the state title with a narrow six point victory over Harpeth Hall. The Baylor Girls defeated the defending state and national champions from 2018. This is the first time since 2013 that the Baylor School girls have won the TISCA State Title. The Baylor School boys finished third overall just behind the McCallie School and Maryville High School.
NOTE: Due to the various spring breaks for the Baylor School, Hamilton County Schools, and UTC, group swimming lessons will NOT be offered in the month of March. If you are interested in taking private lessons during the month of March please contact Swim School Director Brian Gill to arrange private swimming lessons.
The Baylor Swim Club will once again be offering its’ Summer Tune-Up Stroke Clinic for summer league swimmers. See details below.
Tune-up for the CASL summer league season this spring by joining Baylor Swim Club’s Summer Tune-Up: a spring stroke clinic and swim camp. Baylor’s top certified coaching staff will conduct a stroke clinic and camp to get you ready for the summer swim season. There will be a focus on technique in all the four strokes of freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly, along with the critical starts and turns, which can determine the success of your race.
Complete information and online registration is now available and can be found at the following link below.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have a swimmer that has participated with our developmental group during the 2018-2019 season then your child should continue to participate with our developmental groups. This clinic is for those that have not swum with the Baylor Swim Club this season or are just strictly summer league swimmers.
I just want to review some billing items with you. The TeamUnify system will bill accounts to you on the 1st of every month. The statements will contain your monthly dues and any other charges such as caps meet fees hospitality fees, etc. and a late fee will be assessed on the 21st of each month. Any payments that are unable to be processed on the 1st will accrue processing fees in addition to the charges. This fee comes from our processing merchant. Any accounts that are 30 days past due will result in your child being held out of the water.
Our developmental sessions are 8-week sessions so you will receive statements bi-monthly with the dues. As long as you are registered before the first day of the session you will be ready to participate in that session. Once you have registered the first time you will no longer be charged the USA and Club registration fees. Those fees are only charged at the beginning of each new swim year. Through TeamUnify you will automatically be billed for the next developmental session unless you have emailed the club by the 5th day of the month preceding the next session. So if you do not want to participate in session 2 you must email the club no later the October 5th. Telling your coach that you are not doing the next session will not keep you from being billed. Be sure to send the email to the club.
We will not allow children to practice until the online registration has been completed.
If you are planning on taking a break and your child is in AG, Junior, or Senior, remember in order not to be billed for the next month I need to have written notification at least 30 days in advance. So for example, if you know you are not going to swim in December I must receive an email from you stating that no later than Nov.1. If the written statement is not received by that date you will be charged. Please understand that telling the coach does not count as proper notification.
Notifications must be sent to Laura Pitman.
The yearly hospitality fee of $120 is charged in October. If you join in October or later the hospitality fee is charged the month of your registration. This is the only additional fee our families are charged outside of meet fees. We do not require any fundraising. The hospitality fee is to supply food for the coaches and officials at all of our hosted meets. Some of these people are here for 3 meals and they greatly appreciate our hospitality. If you have concerns about this fee please contact me directly.
Director of Operations
New folders have been created for the 2019-2020 season and are available. All awards from meets and past meets will be filed in the athletes folders on the pool deck. Each athlete on the Baylor Swim Club should have a folder where these awards will be placed after meets. Please have your child check the folders on the pool deck after practices. The folder boxes are located on a table next to the staff office on the pool deck. If for some reason your child does not have a folder, please email Coach Brian.
This is a reminder to all Baylor Swim Club members, that the only locker rooms that should be used are the lower school boys and girls locker rooms.
The upper school locker rooms and lockers are reserved only for Baylor School Varsity swimmers.
Please remember not to leave any personal belongings in the locker rooms or lockers. All equipment and belongs need to be taken home each night after practices. If any personal belongings or equipment are left in the locker rooms, it will be collected and placed in the lost and found area in the equipment room / endless pool room.
All athletes are required to leave phones, tablets, and any other device with a camera or recording abilities in the phone tree outside the locker room.
Thank you for your cooperation with this matter.