This weekend the Baylor Swim Club will host and compete in the Fall Kick-Off Classic (Sept. 21-22, 2019). The coaching staff is looking forward to some great performances this weekend. Please see all the important information below about attending the swim meet this weekend.
You will receive an email reminding you to check the volunteer job sign-up on TeamUnify to verify positions and report times. All volunteers must sign in at the Volunteer Check IN Table in the pool lobby BEFORE each session. You will need to complete a name badge and wear it during the session in which you are working. Please be sure to sign in at the VOLUNTEER table BEFORE your session starts as it is these sheets we will use to determine who has worked and who will receive fines. It is imperative that all volunteers report at the assigned time.
The Parent Volunteer T-shirts will be available Thursday night at practice. If you do not pick it up on Thursday it will be at the volunteer sign in table. There will be a list with your name and size. The volunteer person at the table will check you off the list when you pick up your shirt.
Once you receive your shirt please be sure to wear it when you are working the meet. If you did not place your order before the deadline there will not be a volunteer shirt for you. If you have one from previous years please wear that.
There will be a drink and snack station available on the starter side of the pool deck for parents working the current session. Access to the hospitality room at the pool will be limited to meet officials and coaches only.
Please be sure to double check your session times as they have been updated with the new times after we received all the entries.
We need all swim club families to help to make this meet run smooth. Thank you for being so willing to serve and support our staff and your swimmers. Our club staff and swimmers greatly appreciate all that you all do for the club. We could not be successful without you.
Meet & Warm Up Schedule
11 & Over AM Session- Warm Up: 7:30-8:15 AM (Please arrive by 7:15 AM) | Meet starts at 8:30 AM
10 & Under PM session- Warm Up: approx. 12:30-1:00 PM (Please arrive by 12:15 PM) | Meet starts at approx. 1:05 PM
11 & Over AM Session- Warm Up: 7:30-8:20 AM (Please arrive by 7:15 AM) | Meet starts at 8:30 AM
10 & Under PM session- Warm Up: approx. 12:20-12:50 PM (Please arrive by 12:05 PM) | Meet starts at approx. 12:55 PM
Meet Information / Entries
There are NO Relays in this meet
What to Bring
Baylor cap (RED BAYLOR CAPS ONLY), Arena team suit, goggles, two towels, NEW Baylor Swim Club WHITE registration t-shirt on Sat.., and any Baylor t-shirt on Sun., sweat shirt/pants, activities, water bottle, and healthy snacks. Please be sure to wear some warm clothing before and after you swim, this includes socks and or shoes to keep your feet warm.
Here are some Important Things to Remember About Going to a Swim Meet
- Prior to the beginning of the meet, ALL parents should write the events the child will be swimming on the child’s arm. This should include event #, heat #, and lane #. (This information can be found by accessing a heat sheet, which will be posted on the website in the hosted meets section on Thursday, 9/19) This will enable the swimmer to determine if he/she is in the correct place.
- All Baylor swimmers will be sitting together in a designated area. All swimmers must remain in that area while they are not swimming an event. Only swimmers, coaches, and meet volunteers will be allowed on the pool deck during the meet. The field house adjacent to the pool will be available for swimmers to camp out to wait for events. Only swimmers, coaches, and meet volunteers will be allowed on the pool deck during the meet.
- Clerk of Course for 8 & Under events– there will be a clerk of course for ALL 8 & Under events at this meet. All 8 & Unders should report to the clerk of course prior to their race, and then parent volunteers will line them up in the proper heat and lane.
- Immediately before and after each race, your child should see the coaching staff to get feedback on their performance. This is the best time for the child to get a clear understanding of what things they did well, and what they still need to work on.
- All swimmers are responsible for getting behind the blocks in their correct heat and lane before each race.
- Parents please remember that the coaches are not responsible for getting swimmers to the blocks for their race. The coaches need to make sure they watch every child’s race. Go out and have fun, and swim your best.
- All parents must remain off the pool deck and in the stands above the pool during the swim meet. The pool is reserved for swimmers, meet officials, and meet volunteers ONLY.
- PLEASE REMEMBER: We are not all about awards and time standards. Your child may not always have a best time or get an award, but they may do other things that the coaching staff and the swimmer should be proud of.
- For more detailed information regarding attending swim meets please see the following pages in your team handbook: page 14-15- Swim Meet Policies, pages 16-18- Competitions, and page 18-19- Meet Entries. (Baylor Swim Club Team Handbook: 2019-2020 Season)