The coaching staff has gone ahead and made some practice schedule changes during the Middle School and High School swimming seasons because of meets being held at Baylor. If the practice group was not canceled, rescheduled or listed then practice will be held at the regularly scheduled time. (All practices at the Hamilton YMCA remain the same as scheduled). Please be sure to make a note of these changes.
Due to Halloween falling on Thursday, October 31st there are a few practice schedule changes that will affect several groups during the week of October 28-31. Please follow the schedule below.
- Mon., Oct. 28th– ALL groups on a regular schedule
- Tues., Oct. 29th– ALL Developmental groups 2-day & 3-day /week should practice on this day. ALL other groups are on a regular schedule.
- Wed., Oct. 30th– Developmental groups 3-day /week ONLY | Those that are at Hamilton YMCA site Dev 3/day (4:30-5:30 PM) and AG (4:15-5:30 PM) athletes will practice at the regular times at the Hamilton YMCA | ALL other groups are on a regular schedule.
- Thurs., Oct. 31st– NO PRACTICE for Developmental, AG, & Junior groups due to Halloween (This includes Hamilton YMCA athletes) | Senior/Varsity (3:45-6:15 PM) & SR2 (5:00-7:00 PM) will be on a regular schedule.
Get ready all you ghouls and ghosts as the Baylor swimmers and divers will invade the field house on Thursday, October 24th for the annual Halloween Bash. The main details regarding the Halloween Bash are below so please save the date. All are encouraged to attend. There will be NO practice for all the swimmers/divers on this date, in place of practice we will be having our Halloween party.
RSVP: In order to have an accurate count for the party all swimmers/divers that plan to attend need to Attend / Decline through your TeamUnify account by Friday, October 18th. Those that are members of the Baylor Diving Club should email Coach Bonds to RSVP.
The first developmental session ends on Thursday, October 24th. If you are planning on continuing for the second session then you do not need to take any action. You will see the charges on November 1st and the first practice for session II will be Monday, October 28th. Please email if you have any further questions.
**Please also make a note of the practice schedule changes during the first week of the second developmental session due to Halloween.
This weekend (October 19-20, 2019) over forty Baylor Swim Club athletes will travel to Nashville, TN to compete in Ensworth Aquatics October OPEN at the Ensworth School Natatorium. The coaching staff is looking forward to some great performances this weekend. Please see all the important information below about attending the swim meet this weekend. Please see the meet and warm-up schedule below.
- Parking will be on the surface lots around the natatorium. If necessary, overflow parking will be directed to an overflow lot or to the Tennis Center.
- Chairs on the Balcony. Chairs are permitted on the balcony overlooking the pool, but must be placed against the back wall, not against the railing.
Meet & Warm Up Schedule
***Please note: Due to the size of the meet, there will NOT be a 13 & Over session on Sat. evening. A revised order of events can be found in the meet info below. On SUNDAY the 12 & Unders move to the morning, while the 13 & Overs will swim in the afternoon***
13 & Over AM Session- Warm-Up: 8:00-9:00 AM (Please arrive by 7:45 AM) | Meet starts at 9:00 AM
12 & Under PM Session- Warm Up: approx. 11:30-12:30 AM (Please arrive by 11:15 AM) | Meet starts at approx. 12:30 PM
12 & Under AM Session- Warm Up: 8:00-9:00 AM (Please arrive by 7:45 AM) | Meet starts at 9:00 AM
13 & Over PM Session- Warm-Up: approx. 12:00-1:00 PM (Please arrive by 11:45 AM) | Meet starts at approx. 1:00 PM
Meet Information / Entries
There are NO Relays entered in this swim meet
What to Bring
Baylor cap (RED BAYLOR CAPS ONLY), Arena team suit, goggles, two towels, NEW Baylor Swim Club WHITE registration t-shirt on Sat.., and any Baylor t-shirt on Sun., sweat shirt/pants, activities, water bottle, and healthy snacks. Please be sure to wear some warm clothing before and after you swim, this includes socks and or shoes to keep your feet warm.
Here are some Important Things to Remember About Going to a Swim Meet
- Prior to the beginning of the meet, ALL parents should write the events the child will be swimming on the child’s arm. This should include event #, heat #, and lane #. (This information can be found by accessing a heat sheet, which will be posted on the Ensworth Aquatics website on Thursday, 10/17. This will enable the swimmer to determine if he/she is in the correct place.
- All Baylor swimmers will be sitting together in a designated area. All swimmers must remain in that area while they are not swimming an event. Only swimmers, coaches, and meet volunteers will be allowed on the pool deck during the meet.
- Clerk of Course for 8 & Under events– there will be a clerk of course for ALL 8 & Under events at this meet. All 8 & Unders should report to the clerk of course prior to their race, and then parent volunteers will line them up in the proper heat and lane.
- Immediately before and after each race, your child should see the coaching staff to get feedback on their performance. This is the best time for the child to get a clear understanding of what things they did well, and what they still need to work on.
- All swimmers are responsible for getting behind the blocks in their correct heat and lane before each race.
- Parents, please remember that the coaches are not responsible for getting swimmers to the blocks for their race. The coaches need to make sure they watch every child’s race. Go out and have fun, and swim your best.
- All parents must remain off the pool deck and in the stands above the pool during the swim meet. The pool is reserved for swimmers, meet officials, and meet volunteers ONLY.
- PLEASE REMEMBER: We are not all about awards and time standards. Your child may not always have a best time or get an award, but they may do other things that the coaching staff and the swimmer should be proud of.
- For more detailed information regarding attending swim meets please see the following pages in your team handbook: page 14-15- Swim Meet Policies, pages 16-18- Competitions, and page 18-19- Meet Entries. (Baylor Swim Club Team Handbook: 2019-2020 Season)
Meet information for the 2019 Ensworth Holiday Classic (Dec. 6-8) at Ensworth School in Nashville, TN is now posted. The scratch deadline for this meet is Tuesday, November 5th, and it is open to all those in the Junior, Senior 2, and Senior/Varsity practice groups only.
PHOENIX, AZ- In the October 2019 issue of Swimming World Magazine, the leading voice in the sport of swimming, Baylor School / Baylor Swim Club Head Coach Dan Flack gave an interview to discuss the value of what the high school swimming experience adds to the young athlete. See the link to the article below.
“High school swimming simply offers a very different level of camaraderie because everyone is working for their school. The great vibes and spirit of school transcends the pool; it impacts such a bigger common good and sense of community,” said Head Coach Dan Flack.
Below you will find hotel booking information for away swim meets during the 2019-2020 short course season for the Baylor Swim Club.
Thank you to all that were able to attend the Fall Parents meeting. The Parent Information handout from the Fall Parent Meeting held on August 29, 2019 is now available on the website. See the link above for all the parent meeting information.
Below you will find links to the Safe Sport forms that were distributed at the parents meeting last week. If you have not filled these forms out please take the time to fill them out and return them via email to Laura Pitman, or drop them off at the pool office.
I just want to review some billing items with you. The TeamUnify system will bill accounts to you on the 1st of every month. The statements will contain your monthly dues and any other charges such as caps meet fees hospitality fees, etc. and a late fee will be assessed on the 21st of each month. Any payments that are unable to be processed on the 1st will accrue processing fees in addition to the charges. This fee comes from our processing merchant. Any accounts that are 30 days past due will result in your child being held out of the water.
Our developmental sessions are 8-week sessions so you will receive statements bi-monthly with the dues. As long as you are registered before the first day of the session you will be ready to participate in that session. Once you have registered the first time you will no longer be charged the USA and Club registration fees. Those fees are only charged at the beginning of each new swim year. Through TeamUnify you will automatically be billed for the next developmental session unless you have emailed the club by the 5th day of the month preceding the next session. So if you do not want to participate in session 2 you must email the club no later the October 5th. Telling your coach that you are not doing the next session will not keep you from being billed. Be sure to send the email to the club.
We will not allow children to practice until the online registration has been completed.
If you are planning on taking a break and your child is in AG, Junior, or Senior, remember in order not to be billed for the next month I need to have written notification at least 30 days in advance. So for example, if you know you are not going to swim in December I must receive an email from you stating that no later than Nov.1. If the written statement is not received by that date you will be charged. Please understand that telling the coach does not count as proper notification.
Notifications must be sent to Laura Pitman.
The yearly hospitality fee of $120 is charged in October. If you join in October or later the hospitality fee is charged the month of your registration. This is the only additional fee our families are charged outside of meet fees. We do not require any fundraising. The hospitality fee is to supply food for the coaches and officials at all of our hosted meets. Some of these people are here for 3 meals and they greatly appreciate our hospitality. If you have concerns about this fee please contact me directly.
Director of Operations
New folders have been created for the 2019-2020 season and are available. All awards from meets and past meets will be filed in the athletes folders on the pool deck. Each athlete on the Baylor Swim Club should have a folder where these awards will be placed after meets. Please have your child check the folders on the pool deck after practices. The folder boxes are located on a table next to the staff office on the pool deck. If for some reason your child does not have a folder, please email Coach Brian.
This is a reminder to all Baylor Swim Club members, that the only locker rooms that should be used are the lower school boys and girls locker rooms.
The upper school locker rooms and lockers are reserved only for Baylor School Varsity swimmers.
Please remember not to leave any personal belongings in the locker rooms or lockers. All equipment and belongs need to be taken home each night after practices. If any personal belongings or equipment are left in the locker rooms, it will be collected and placed in the lost and found area in the equipment room / endless pool room.
All athletes are required to leave phones, tablets, and any other device with a camera or recording abilities in the phone tree outside the locker room.
Thank you for your cooperation with this matter.