The coaching staff has gone ahead and made some practice schedule changes during the Middle School and High School swimming seasons because of meets being held at Baylor. If the practice group was not canceled, rescheduled or listed then practice will be held at the regularly scheduled time. (All practices at the Hamilton YMCA remain the same as scheduled). Please be sure to make a note of these changes.
This weekend the Baylor Swim Club will host and compete in the 30th Annual Martha Bass Invitational (November 2-3, 2019) at the Baylor School Natatorium. The coaching staff is looking forward to some great performances this weekend. Please see all the important information below about attending the swim meet this weekend.
Please be sure to check the job sign-ups carefully for when you are to report as some of the times have been updated. You will receive an email reminding you to check the volunteer job sign-up on TeamUnify to verify positions and report times. All volunteers must sign in at the Volunteer Check IN Table in the pool lobby BEFORE each session. Please be sure to sign in at the VOLUNTEER table BEFORE your session starts as it is these sheets we will use to determine who has worked and who did not fulfill their requirements. It is imperative that all volunteers report at the assigned time.
Also there have been some changes with people and slots. The system would not allow the changes to be made in Team Unify so please refer to the attached ( and emailed) job sign up list.
The volunteer person at the table will check you off the list when you sign in. You will be given name tag to wear during the session.
We need all swim club families to help to make this meet run smooth. Thank you for being so willing to serve and support our staff and your swimmers. Our club staff and swimmers greatly appreciate all that you all do for the club. We could not be successful without you.
Meet & Warm-Up Schedule
13 & Over AM session- Warm-Up: 7:15-8:05 AM (Please arrive by 7:00 AM), Meet starts at 8:15 AM
12 & Under Mid day session- Warm-Up: approx. 10:20-10:50 AM (Please arrive by 10:05 AM), Meet starts at approx. 11:00 AM
13 & Over PM session-Warm-Up: approx. 2:20-2:50 PM (Please arrive by 2:05 PM), Meet starts at approx. 2:55 PM
13 & Over AM session- Warm-Up: 7:15-8:05 AM (Please arrive by 7:00 AM), Meet starts at 8:15 AM
12 & Under PM session- Warm-Up: approx. 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM (Please arrive by 11:15 AM), Meet starts at approx. 12:05 PM
Meet Information / Entries
There are NO Relays in this meet
What to Bring
Baylor cap (RED BAYLOR CAPS ONLY), Arena team suit, goggles, two towels, NEW Baylor Swim Club WHITE registration t-shirt on Sat., and any Baylor t-shirt on Sun., sweatshirt/pants, activities, water bottle, and healthy snacks. Please be sure to wear some warm clothing before and after you swim, this includes socks and or shoes to keep your feet warm.
Here are some Important Things to Remember About Going to a Swim Meet
- Prior to the beginning of the meet, ALL parents should write the events the child will be swimming on the child’s arm. This should include event #, heat #, and lane #. (This information can be found by accessing a heat sheet, which will be posted on the website in the hosted meets section on Thursday, 10/31) This will enable the swimmer to determine if he/she is in the correct place.
- All Baylor swimmers will be sitting together in a designated area. All swimmers must remain in that area while they are not swimming an event. Only swimmers, coaches, and meet volunteers will be allowed on the pool deck during the meet. The field house adjacent to the pool will be available for swimmers to camp out to wait for events. Only swimmers, coaches, and meet volunteers will be allowed on
- There will NOT be a clerk of course for 8 & Under’s at this meet. However, there will be parent volunteer kid pushers that will be helping the 8 & Unders get to their correct heat and lane for all events.
- Immediately before and after each race, your child should see the coaching staff to get feedback on their performance. This is the best time for the child to get a clear understanding of what things they did well, and what they still need to work on.
- All swimmers are responsible for getting behind the blocks in their correct heat and lane before each race.
- Parents, please remember that the coaches are not responsible for getting swimmers to the blocks for their race. The coaches need to make sure they watch every child’s race. Go out and have fun, and swim your best.
- All parents must remain off the pool deck and in the stands above the pool during the swim meet. The pool is reserved for swimmers, meet officials, and meet volunteers ONLY.
- PLEASE REMEMBER: We are not all about awards and time standards. Your child may not always have a best time or get an award, but they may do other things that the coaching staff and the swimmer should be proud of.
- For more detailed information regarding attending swim meets please see the following pages in your team handbook: page 14-15- Swim Meet Policies, pages 16-18- Competitions, and page 18-19- Meet Entries. (Baylor Swim Club Team Handbook: 2019-2020 Season)
Due to Halloween falling on Thursday, October 31st there are a few practice schedule changes that will affect several groups during the week of October 28-31. Please follow the schedule below.
- Mon., Oct. 28th– ALL groups on a regular schedule
- Tues., Oct. 29th– ALL Developmental groups 2-day & 3-day /week should practice on this day. ALL other groups are on a regular schedule.
- Wed., Oct. 30th– Developmental groups 3-day /week ONLY | Those that are at Hamilton YMCA site Dev 3/day (4:30-5:30 PM) and AG (4:15-5:30 PM) athletes will practice at the regular times at the Hamilton YMCA | ALL other groups are on a regular schedule.
- Thurs., Oct. 31st– NO PRACTICE for Developmental, AG, & Junior groups due to Halloween (This includes Hamilton YMCA athletes) | Senior/Varsity (3:45-6:15 PM) & SR2 (5:00-7:00 PM) will be on a regular schedule.
There are two very important meet scratch deadlines approaching. The scratch deadline for the Ensworth Holiday Classic (Dec. 6-8) at the Ensworth School in Nashville, TN and Jingle Bell Classic (Dec. 7) in Dalton, GA is Tuesday, November 5th. See complete details about both of the December meets below.
CHATTANOOGA, TN– On Thursday evening, October 24th, the Baylor Swim Club and Diving Club had their annual Halloween Bash at the Baylor School. Over eighty swimmers and divers with ages ranging from five to fourteen-years-old dressed up in their Halloween costumes, and participated in the event.
All members attending the party were also asked to bring at least two canned foods to be donated to the Chattanooga Area Food Bank to prepare for the holiday season.
Baylor currently has a total of eleven alumni swimming in college programs across the country. In the alumni section of the website, the Baylor swimmers in college for the 2019-2020 season has been updated. Follow them on this page through their 2019-2020 college season.
Best of luck to the following Baylor alumni on a great season: Zach Althoff, Anne Dassow, Trey Freeman, Emily Gill, Jason Green, Jack Kirby, Piotr Kurleto, Leanne McMaster, Jameson Mitchum, Addison Smith, and Luis Sebastian Weekes
Below you will find hotel booking information for away swim meets during the 2019-2020 short course season for the Baylor Swim Club.
Thank you to all that were able to attend the Fall Parents meeting. The Parent Information handout from the Fall Parent Meeting held on August 29, 2019 is now available on the website. See the link above for all the parent meeting information.
Below you will find links to the Safe Sport forms that were distributed at the parents meeting last week. If you have not filled these forms out please take the time to fill them out and return them via email to Laura Pitman, or drop them off at the pool office.
The 2019-2020 Baylor Swim Club Team Handbook is now available in the Members section. The Team Handbook consists of all the policies and procedures for members that have joined the Baylor Swim Club. See the link above for the team handbook.
The Baylor Swim Club Volunteer Handbook is now posted online. Listed below are many of the opportunities available for parents to contribute and show their support of the Baylor Swim Club. Most positions are only necessary during home meets. See the link above for the volunteer handbook.
I just want to review some billing items with you. The TeamUnify system will bill accounts to you on the 1st of every month. The statements will contain your monthly dues and any other charges such as caps meet fees hospitality fees, etc. and a late fee will be assessed on the 21st of each month. Any payments that are unable to be processed on the 1st will accrue processing fees in addition to the charges. This fee comes from our processing merchant. Any accounts that are 30 days past due will result in your child being held out of the water.
Our developmental sessions are 8-week sessions so you will receive statements bi-monthly with the dues. As long as you are registered before the first day of the session you will be ready to participate in that session. Once you have registered the first time you will no longer be charged the USA and Club registration fees. Those fees are only charged at the beginning of each new swim year. Through TeamUnify you will automatically be billed for the next developmental session unless you have emailed the club by the 5th day of the month preceding the next session. So if you do not want to participate in session 2 you must email the club no later the October 5th. Telling your coach that you are not doing the next session will not keep you from being billed. Be sure to send the email to the club.
We will not allow children to practice until the online registration has been completed.
If you are planning on taking a break and your child is in AG, Junior, or Senior, remember in order not to be billed for the next month I need to have written notification at least 30 days in advance. So for example, if you know you are not going to swim in December I must receive an email from you stating that no later than Nov.1. If the written statement is not received by that date you will be charged. Please understand that telling the coach does not count as proper notification.
Notifications must be sent to Laura Pitman.
The yearly hospitality fee of $120 is charged in October. If you join in October or later the hospitality fee is charged the month of your registration. This is the only additional fee our families are charged outside of meet fees. We do not require any fundraising. The hospitality fee is to supply food for the coaches and officials at all of our hosted meets. Some of these people are here for 3 meals and they greatly appreciate our hospitality. If you have concerns about this fee please contact me directly.
Director of Operations
New folders have been created for the 2019-2020 season and are available. All awards from meets and past meets will be filed in the athletes folders on the pool deck. Each athlete on the Baylor Swim Club should have a folder where these awards will be placed after meets. Please have your child check the folders on the pool deck after practices. The folder boxes are located on a table next to the staff office on the pool deck. If for some reason your child does not have a folder, please email Coach Brian.
This is a reminder to all Baylor Swim Club members, that the only locker rooms that should be used are the lower school boys and girls locker rooms.
The upper school locker rooms and lockers are reserved only for Baylor School Varsity swimmers.
Please remember not to leave any personal belongings in the locker rooms or lockers. All equipment and belongs need to be taken home each night after practices. If any personal belongings or equipment are left in the locker rooms, it will be collected and placed in the lost and found area in the equipment room / endless pool room.
All athletes are required to leave phones, tablets, and any other device with a camera or recording abilities in the phone tree outside the locker room.
Thank you for your cooperation with this matter.