There are two very important meet-scratch deadlines approaching. The scratch deadline for the TNAQ Winter Invitational (Jan. 6-8, 2023) at t in Knoxville, TN, and the MCC January Invitational (Jan. 14-15, 2023) at the McCallie School is Thursday, December 15th. See complete details about both of the January meets below.
What exciting news! The Baylor Swim Club has been awarded by United States Swimming the distinction of being a nationally ranked Silver Medal swim club in the USA Swimming Club of Excellence program for the 2023 swimming season!
What exactly does this mean? This means that Baylor Swim Club is recognized as one of the top clubs in the country based on organizational professionalism and athletic performance. To qualify for this award, Baylor had to submit an extensive report to United States Swimming, documenting club professionalism as well as both national and world-class performance.
There are two very important meet-scratch deadlines approaching. The scratch deadline for the Ensworth Aquatics Holiday Classic (Dec. 2-4) at the Ensworth School in Nashville, TN is Monday, November 14th and Jingle Bell Classic (Dec. 11) in Dalton, GA is Thursday, November 17th. See complete details about both of the December meets below.
Below is the Thanksgiving practice schedule for November 21-26. Please follow the schedule closely and be sure to make a note of all the schedule changes. Practices will return to a normal schedule on Monday, November 28.
The Baylor Swimming Staff would like to wish all families a very happy and safe Thanksgiving Holiday.
The coaching staff has gone ahead and made some practice schedule changes during the Middle School and High School swimming seasons because of meets being held at Baylor. If the practice group was not canceled, rescheduled, or listed then practice will be held at the regularly scheduled time. Please be sure to make a note of these changes.
This weekend the Baylor Swim Club will host and compete in the Martha Bass Invitational (Nov. 12-13, 2022). The coaching staff is looking forward to some great performances this weekend. Please see all the important information below about attending the swim meet this weekend.
You will receive an email reminding you to check the volunteer job sign-up on Team Unify to verify positions and report times. All volunteers must sign in at the Volunteer Check-In Table in the pool lobby BEFORE each session. You will need to complete a name badge and wear it during the session in which you are working. Please be sure to sign in at the VOLUNTEER table BEFORE your session starts as it is these sheets we will use to determine who has worked and who will receive fines. It is imperative that all volunteers report at the assigned time.
If you ordered a parent volunteer t-shirt they will be available for pick up at practice on Thursday, November 10, and Friday, November 11. They will be located on the tables in the pool lobby, and are tagged by late name. Please double-check that you pick up the correct shirt. You must see your child’s coach at the end of practice on those nights to pick up your shirts. Please come to the pool deck as the coaches are dismissing their group from practice to receive your shirt.
There will be a drink and snack station available on the starter side of the pool deck for parents working the current session. Access to the hospitality room at the pool will be limited to meet officials and coaches only. Parents unless you are working hospitality during the current session please do not enter that area.
Please be sure to double-check your session times as they have been updated with the new times after we received all the entries.
We need all swim club families to help to make this meet run smoothly. Thank you for being so willing to serve and support our staff and your swimmers. Our club staff and swimmers greatly appreciate all that you all do for the club. We could not be successful without you.
Meet & Warm-Up Schedule
13 & Over AM Session- Warm-Up: 7:30-8:20 AM (Please arrive by 7:15 AM) | Meet starts at 8:30 AM
12 & Under Mid-day session- Warm-Up approx. 10:50-11:20 AM (Please arrive by 10:35 AM) | Meet starts at approx. 11:25 AM
13 & Over PM Session- Warm-Up: 2:45-3:15 PM (Please arrive by 2:30 PM) | Meet starts at 3:20 PM
13 & Over AM Session- Warm-Up: 7:30-8:20 AM (Please arrive by 7:15 AM) | Meet starts at 8:30 AM
12 & Under PM session- Warm-Up approx. 11:50-12:20 PM (Please arrive by 11:35 AM) | Meet starts at approx. 12:25 PM
Meet Information / Entries
- Meet Entries– 11/4/2022
- Meet Information
- Heat Sheets- Sat AM | Sat Midday | Sat PM | Sun AM | Sun PM
- Approx. Timeline
- Hosted Meets Page
There are NO Relays in this meet
What to Bring
Baylor cap (RED BAYLOR CAPS ONLY), Arena team suit, goggles, two towels, NEW Baylor Swim Club RED registration t-shirt on Sat.., and any Baylor t-shirt on Sun., sweatshirt/pants, activities, water bottle, and healthy snacks. Please be sure to wear some warm clothing before and after you swim, this includes socks and or shoes to keep your feet warm.
Here are some Important Things to Remember About Going to a Swim Meet
- Prior to the beginning of the meet, ALL parents should write the events the child will be swimming on the child’s arm. This should include event #, heat #, and lane #. (This information can be found by accessing a heat sheet, which will be posted on the website in the hosted meets section on Thursday, 11/10) This will enable the swimmer to determine if he/she is in the correct place.
- All Baylor swimmers will be sitting together in a designated area. All swimmers must remain in that area while they are not swimming an event. Only swimmers, coaches, and meet volunteers will be allowed on the pool deck during the meet. The fieldhouse adjacent to the pool will be available for swimmers to camp out to wait for events. Only swimmers, coaches, and meet volunteers will be allowed on the pool deck during the meet.
- There will NOT be a clerk of course for 8 & Under’s at this meet. However, there will be parent-volunteer kid pushers that will be helping the 8 & Unders get to their correct heat and lane for all events.
- Immediately before and after each race, your child should see the coaching staff to get feedback on their performance. This is the best time for the child to get a clear understanding of what things they did well, and what they still need to work on.
- All swimmers are responsible for getting behind the blocks in their correct heat and lane before each race.
- Parents, please remember that the coaches are not responsible for getting swimmers to the blocks for their race. The coaches need to make sure they watch every child’s race. Go out and have fun, and swim your best.
- All parents must remain off the pool deck and in the stands above the pool during the swim meet. The pool is reserved for swimmers, meet officials, and meet volunteers ONLY.
- No Concessions- There will NOT be concessions offered at the meet. Athletes are asked to bring their own food and snacks. No glass containers or bottles are allowed.
- PLEASE REMEMBER: We are not all about awards and time standards. Your child may not always have a best time or get an award, but they may do other things that the coaching staff and the swimmer should be proud of.
- For more detailed information regarding attending swim meets please see the following pages in your team handbook: page 13- Swim Meet Policies, pages 14-16- Competitions, and page 16-17- Meet Entries. (Baylor Swim Club Team Handbook: 2022-2023 Season)
We are excited to welcome Coach Brooks and his family to the Baylor Swim Club. The club is hosting a welcome reception for his family on Friday, November 11 from 5:45-7:15 PM. This will be held in the Worsham lobby. Worsham is located at the opposite end of the field house building.
We will have finger foods and drinks at the reception. It is a drop in so don’t feel you have to stay the entire time.
The AG and Junior groups will practice from 5:30-6:15 PM on Nov. 11th so they can then come over to meet Coach Brooks.
Please let me know if you have questions.
We hope to see many of you there.
The Scratch Deadline for the November Developmental Mini Meet (Nov. 19th at Baylor ) is Monday, November 14th. Please be sure to Attend or Decline for the meet through TeamUnify. This swim meet is open to Developmental groups ONLY (Red, White & Grey). See meet details below.
- WHEN: Sat., Nov. 19th
- WHERE: Baylor School Natatorium
- WARM-UP: 7:30 AM | Meet Starts at 7:45 AM
- ORDER OF EVENTS: 8&Under 25 BR | 9&Over 50 BR | 8&Under 25 FLY | 9&Over 50 FLY or FR
- Attend or Decline for the meet
CHATTANOOGA, TN– On Wednesday, November 9th the Baylor Swimming program celebrated four seniors and their college commitments to continue their swimming careers. Congratulations to Lillie Boggs (University of Kentucky), Sam Flack (N.C. State University), Josean Massucco (University of Michigan), and Caroline Schenck (Lafayette College). The Baylor Swimming family is so proud of each one of these student-athletes, and best of luck in college in the fall of 2023.
Baylor currently has a total of twenty-one alumni swimming in college programs across the country. In the alumni section of the website, the Baylor swimmers in college for the 2021-2022 season have been updated. Follow them on this page through their 2022-2023 college season.
Best of luck to the following Baylor alumni on a great season: Noah Althoff, Breanna Belcher, Lydia Bohannon, Alex Borisov, Caden Fritz, Trey Freeman, Luke Hunt, Jamee Mitchum, Genevieve O’Neil, Audrey Rackel, Owen Seymour, Aidan Shaw, Aidan Sims, Daniel Snyder, Addison Smith, George Von Canon, Ellie Waldrep, Logan Watson-Brown, Callie West, Luis Sebastian Weekes, and Avery Wilson