There are two very important meet-scratch deadlines approaching. The scratch deadline for the TNAQ Winter Invitational (Jan. 6-8, 2023) at t in Knoxville, TN, and the MCC January Invitational (Jan. 14-15, 2023) at the McCallie School is Thursday, December 15th. See complete details about both of the January meets below.
What exciting news! The Baylor Swim Club has been awarded by United States Swimming the distinction of being a nationally ranked Silver Medal swim club in the USA Swimming Club of Excellence program for the 2023 swimming season!
What exactly does this mean? This means that Baylor Swim Club is recognized as one of the top clubs in the country based on organizational professionalism and athletic performance. To qualify for this award, Baylor had to submit an extensive report to United States Swimming, documenting club professionalism as well as both national and world-class performance.
This weekend the Baylor Swim Club will host and compete in the October Developmental Mini Meet (Nov. 19, 2022). The coaching staff is looking forward to some great performances this weekend. Please see all the important information below about attending the swim meet this weekend.
Meet & Warm-Up Schedule
All Ages (Developmental Group ONLY)- Warm-Up: 7:45 AM (Please arrive by 7:45 AM) | Meet starts at 8:00 AM
ORDER OF EVENTS
8&Under 25 BR | 9&Over 50 BR | 8&Under 25 FLY / FR | 9&Over 50 FLY / FR
Meet Information / Entries
There are NO Relays in this meet
What to Bring
Baylor cap (RED BAYLOR CAPS ONLY), Arena team suit, goggles, two towels, new RED Baylor registration t-shirt, sweatshirt/pants, activities, water bottle, and healthy snacks. Please be sure to wear some warm clothing before and after you swim, this includes socks and or shoes to keep your feet warm.
Here are some Important Things to Remember About Going to a Swim Meet
- Prior to the beginning of the meet, ALL parents should write the events the child will be swimming on the child’s arm. This should include event #, heat #, and lane #. (This information can be found by accessing a heat sheet, which is posted at a link above) This will enable the swimmer to determine if he/she is in the correct place.
- All Baylor swimmers will be sitting together in a designated area. All swimmers must remain in that area while they are not swimming an event.
- Clerk of Course– there will be some parent volunteers on the deck to make sure athletes get to the blocks for their races
- Immediately before and after each race, your child should see the coaching staff to get feedback on their performance. This is the best time for the child to get a clear understanding of what things they did well, and what they still need to work on.
- Parents, please remember that the coaches are not responsible for getting swimmers to the blocks for their race. The coaches need to make sure they watch every child’s race. Go out and have fun, and swim your best.
- All parents must remain off the pool deck and in the stands above the pool during the swim meet. The pool is reserved for swimmers, meet officials, and meet volunteers ONLY.
- PLEASE REMEMBER: We are not all about awards and time standards. Your child may not always have a best time or get an award, but they may do other things that the coaching staff and the swimmer should be proud of.
- For more detailed information regarding attending swim meets please see the following pages in your team handbook: page 13- Swim Meet Policies, pages 14-16- Competitions, and page 16-17- Meet Entries. (Baylor Swim Club Team Handbook: 2022-2023 Season)
There are two very important meet-scratch deadlines approaching. The scratch deadline for the Ensworth Aquatics Holiday Classic (Dec. 2-4) at the Ensworth School in Nashville, TN is Monday, November 14th and Jingle Bell Classic (Dec. 11) in Dalton, GA is Thursday, November 17th. See complete details about both of the December meets below.
Below is the Thanksgiving practice schedule for November 21-26. Please follow the schedule closely and be sure to make a note of all the schedule changes. Practices will return to a normal schedule on Monday, November 28.
The Baylor Swimming Staff would like to wish all families a very happy and safe Thanksgiving Holiday.
The coaching staff has gone ahead and made some practice schedule changes during the Middle School and High School swimming seasons because of meets being held at Baylor. If the practice group was not canceled, rescheduled, or listed then practice will be held at the regularly scheduled time. Please be sure to make a note of these changes.
CHATTANOOGA, TN- On November 12-13, the Baylor Swim Club hosted and competed in the 2022 Martha Bass Invitational held at the Baylor School Natatorium. One hundred and thirteen Baylor Swim Club athletes participated in the two-day meet. Over 500 swimmers from the states of Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama competed in the swim meet. Special congratulations to all the Baylor Swim Club athletes that participated in the meet, and thank you to all the parents that volunteered their time this past weekend!
CHATTANOOGA, TN– On Wednesday, November 9th the Baylor Swimming program celebrated four seniors and their college commitments to continue their swimming careers. Congratulations to Lillie Boggs (University of Kentucky), Sam Flack (N.C. State University), Josean Massucco (University of Michigan), and Caroline Schenck (Lafayette College). The Baylor Swimming family is so proud of each one of these student-athletes, and best of luck in college in the fall of 2023.
New folders have been created for the 2022-2023 season and are available. All awards from meets and past meets will be filed in the athletes’ folders on the pool deck. Each athlete on the Baylor Swim Club should have a folder where these awards will be placed after meets. Please have your child check the folders on the pool deck after practices. The folder boxes are located on a table next to the staff office on the pool deck. If for some reason your child does not have a folder, please email Coach Brian.
The 2022-2023 Baylor Swim Club Team Handbook is now available in the Members section. The Team Handbook consists of all the policies and procedures for members that have joined the Baylor Swim Club.
The membership should access the handbook via the MEMBERS section on the website.
See the links below for the team handbook.